Rangely District Hospital is seeking an Administrative Assistant to the CEO.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, working 40 per week.
Provides high-level administrative support and assistance to the CEO. Performs clerical and administrative tasks. Responsible for initiating and coordinating clerical and secretarial functions. If interested in this position, please submit your resume and application below. A full job description is available from our Human Resources Department.
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks.
- Responsible for initiating and coordinating clerical and secretarial functions.
- Provides Administrative Assistance and support to the CEO, Administration and Board of Directors; clerical, meeting and presentation preparation; notifications, verbal, written and electronic communications and mailings.
- Attends Board meetings and serves as official recorder. Responsible for maintaining official records for the District, including board meeting minutes. Accountable for ensuring posting requirements as delineated by state statute are met.
- Projects a positive image of the hospital through dealings with the public, patients, board members, medical staff, vendors, and fellow employees by acting in a professional manner at all times. Promotes good department, interdepartmental and public relations.
EMPLOYEE SAFETY & CONFIDENTIALITY
- Adheres reliably to all accepted compliance and safety standards.
- Maintains hospital compliance with all established department policies/procedures, objectives, QA/Risk programs, compliance programs, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops. Develops professional goals consistent with the hospital’s mission and objectives.
- Active participant in quality improvement processes.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional decision-making.
- Facilitates teamwork. Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry reports. Ability to write reports, forecasts, policies, business correspondence and procedure protocols.
- Promotes positive and cooperative relationships between employees, Department Heads, and Administration.
JOB-SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides Executive Assistance and support to the CEO, Administration, Board of Directors, & Medical Staff, including clerical, meeting and presentation preparation, notifications, verbal, written and electronic communications, mailings, travel arrangements, and PR support.
- Serves as Deputy Designated Election Official for the District, ensuring compliance with Colorado State Statutes concerning elections; coordinates arrangement of polling place, voting machines, judges, training, etc., as necessary; ensures proper forms are created or ordered; responsible for all notice posting and\or publishing as well as recording and storage of results.
- Attends Board meetings and serves as official recorder. Responsible for maintaining official records for the District, including Board meeting minutes. Responsible for ensuring posting requirements as delineated by state statute are met. Responsible for mailings.
- Attends Medical Staff meetings and serves as official recorder. Responsible for maintaining official records for the Hospital, including meeting minutes and notifications.
- Works with DEO (Designated Election Official) to ensure compliance with Colorado State Statutes concerning Special District law for the Hospital District.
- Observes the hospital’s compliance requirements and does not create an issue of fraud and abuse for the hospital.
- Promotes positive relationships with physicians, employees, patients, and the community. Participates in community events and promotional activities as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Uses verbal and written communication methods effectively.
- Patient-Centered: is passionate about patient care, creating positive impressions on a consistent basis and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Exhibits courtesy and sensitivity to the needs of patients and their families, responds with a sense of urgency to patient complaints, responds proactively and competently.
- Teamwork: works collaboratively with medical staff and employees. Works openly to problem solve, provides feedback and dispenses appropriate decision-making.
- Respect for Others: actively listens to others communicates openly and honestly. Demonstrates respect for others by being timely with communication and feedback.
- Service Excellence: Complies with the hospital's philosophies and policies and follows through on commitments. Ensures that RDH takes personal pride and ownership in the quality of care and services provided to all internal and external customers.
- Compassion: Exhibits courtesy and sensitivity to the needs of all employees and patients, responds with a sense of urgency to problems, anticipates requirements, and responds proactively and places the employee’s and patient’s safety above all else.
- Integrity: is truthful, trustworthy, and principled. Demonstrates character, conviction, and honest and ethical behavior in all interactions with others. Ensures that all behavior is consistent with these RDH Core Values.
Qualified Applicants may posses:
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: High school diploma or equivalent required; Business Degree preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: Office experience required. Healthcare experience is a plus!
- Current Notary Certification for State of Colorado preferred; required after hire.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to express ideas clearly, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to work well with people and maintain composure in stressful situations.
- High degree of analytical abilities.
- Proficient in the operation of office equipment, computer applications and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work independently utilizing resourcefulness and adaptability.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Position Type: Full-Time
Hourly Wage: $17.96 – $23.63
Benefits: Medical, vision, dental and life insurance. Retirement with up to 4% match. Short-term and long-term disability.
Ref Code: Admin Assist
225 Eagle Crest Drive
Rangely, CO 81648
HR Director: Jodi Dillon
HR Assistant: Jeani Lucero
Please be sure to check qualifications for positions under the job description before applying.